definition

Com´mon`ty

n.

1.

(Scots Law) A common; a piece of land in which two or more persons have a common right.



Saturday, May 31, 2014

WASPS Young Artist Residency Kirkcudbright

If you are an artist aged 25 or under and have a connection with, or live in Dumfries and Galloway, then we invite you to apply for our exciting artists’ residency programme in the beautiful rural town of Kirkcudbright.
“I can’t express enough how much Wasps Studios has helped me grow not only as a designer but as an individual. It has been such a great opportunity and what I have learnt during my residency I will use for the rest of my practicing career.” 

“I can’t under-estimate how valuable my time at Wasps has been. It has really been the best opportunity for my first year out of art school.” 
Katie Anderson 

“I’ve had an amazing time and I will treasure my time here in the studios forever” 
Caroline Inker 


“I would like to thank you and the Hollywood Trust for this great opportunity I have had to develop my work and assist me over the year” 
Working in partnership with the Holywood Trust, who create opportunities for young people in the Dumfries and Galloway region, we have created this opportunity for two artists with an overarching aim to encourage young contemporary artists to base their career in this region where many interesting creative projects are happening.
The residency will be based in our stunning studio complex, Cannonwalls & Claverhouse, for the period of one year.  The complex was redeveloped in 2010 by converting two neighbouring townhouses into 14 studios for artists and makers.Now in its third year, this studio residency is a fantastic opportunity for professional development at the beginning of your career. If selected, you will get the time, space and seed funding to research, develop and exhibit a new body of work. Meantime, you can enjoy the experience of working in a professional studio community alongside artists of different disciplines and at different stages in their career.There are two residency places available. Each place offers:
A free studio space for one year at Cannonwalls & Claverhouse, Kirkcudbright
£5,000 in cash towards the research and development of new work, living expenses and exhibiting your work at a venue throughout the year
There will also be an opportunity to open your studio and show your artwork to new audiences as part of the highly popularSpring Fling event (May) and Wasps Artists’ Open Studios Weekend (October).
Full details available on the WASPS website here. The deadline for applying is 4th July 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment