Residency opportunity - the Tide Machine
From: 25/04/2012 To: 07/05/2012 09:00 - 17:00
Location: Dumfries and Galloway
Phone: 07747040732The Creative Arts Business Network (CABN) in partnership with Oceanallover, is offering a residency opportunity from mid May until 31st July.
From 7th May -9th June 2012, The Tide Machine will be in residence at the Crichton Campus, Dumfries developing a new show for the Dumfries Arts Festival 2012.
The purpose of this residency is to give an artist or performing artist the opportunity to work with the Tide Machine, to:
- extend their practice by working collaboratively collaborate across a range of creative areas,
- develop new working relationships,
- gain new skills and abilities
- and contribute to the creation of the new Tide Machine performance.
The Tide Machine is a transportable, self-contained, tide powered, kinetic
performance art platform. Each Tide Machine performance is energised through true collaboration across a range of art forms. For more information see The Tide Machine.
The residency with the Tide Machine will give opportunities in the following areas:
- Performance: The style of performance is bold and uncompromising bringing together theatre, dance and performance art.
- Costume Design and Construction: Innovative and spectacular costume is an integral part of the Tide Machine.
- Technology: The Tide Machine itself is an orrery, bringing science and art together, and offering the opportunity for all forms of electrical, mechanical and clockwork investigation.
- Music: Music is an integral part of the performance and we have a number of excellent musician/composers collaborating with us.
We are interested in hearing from creative artists and performers, who would be interested in working collaboratively with the Tide Machine from mid May until the end of July, including involvement in the Tide Machine performance at the Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival in June. Key attributes we are looking for are enthusiasm, and versatility. Whilst the successful applicant will have the opportunity to engage in every aspect of the Tide Machine, we can tailor your involvement to accommodate specific areas of interest. Studio space is available if required. As part of the process you will be asked to keep a video diary of your experience- equipment and training will be provided as necessary.
The residency will offer an inclusive fee of £2,500 to cover any personal costs incurred including accommodation, travel and subsistence.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated an enthusiasm, and high level of commitment to their artistic practice.
Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria:
- quality of work to date
- Clarity of purpose behind the submission and reasons given for applying for the residency.
- Expected impact the support will have on the applicant's creative development
- Quality of the information and visuals supplied in support of the application.
To apply please submit the following:
- A statement of up to 500 words explaining why you would like to do a residency with the Tide Machine and Oceonallover, and how you think you may benefit from it. This should include a clear indication of the areas of the project you would most like to collaborate with and why.
- Current CV
- Examples of relevant past work in a PDF format, or weblink for any video or audio file over 5mb.
Information to be sent to: Lesley Rogers, Gracefield Arts Centre, 28 Edinburgh Road, Dumfries DG1 1LQ. Email: Lesley.Rogers@dumgal.gov.uk, Tel:07747040732
Posted by MMac