Admin and media commission
Purpose – to provide administrative support for the Board of Trustees of DG Unlimited (the Dumfries and Galloway Chamber of the Arts) and to carry out a broad range of administrative functions to support delivery of communications and marketing.
· To handle media relations, including assisting with the preparation and issue of press releases, and securing and enabling media coverage of DGU in the widest sense.
· To assist in maintaining and developing DGUs on-line presence, using various social media platforms, including the following; creating and distributing a regular newsletter, gathering and writing news for regular web-site and Facebook updates, and organising and creating regular blogs.
· To maintain and update the DGU website.
· To attend and to take and circulate the minutes for DGU Board meetings and AGM. Note: - Most meetings are held in Dumfries but a mileage allocation is set aside for this commission to allow for travel to meetings.
· To take and circulate the minutes of any sub-committee or working party, in particular the Regional Arts Hub
· To market and manage new membership applications, handle member communications and to maintain membership records
· To take and circulate the minutes for Regional Arts Hub meetings.
This commission description is not exhaustive, and is intended to convey the types of, and level of, duties and responsibilities required, which may be amended by the inclusion of other duties commensurate with the nature of the commission.
Secondary tasks subject to available contract time
· To provide admin. support for the Area Hubs.
· To assist the Policy and Development Commission holder in the preparation of reports.
Essential skills and attributes
· Experience in concise minute taking.
· A clear understanding of confidentiality, especially in relation to personal data.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· Experience in using social media as a marketing tool.
· Knowledge of database management/data entry.
· Working knowledge of maintaining and updating web based information including content management systems.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Ability to work as part of a team and with minimum supervision.
· Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Willingness to be flexible.
· Current driving licence and access to a car.
· Knowledge of the arts and creative sector.
Desirable skills and attributes
· Knowledge of local authority practice.
· Working knowledge of image processing.
DG Unlimited or DGU (the trading name of Dumfries and Galloway Chamber of the Arts) was established in 2013 to act as a strong and independent voice for the arts and creative sector in Dumfries and Galloway. It is a registered charity with a Board of Trustees and a membership which is growing rapidly. The membership is served by an active Regional Arts Hub and Area Convenors who facilitate communications throughout the region. It is supported by Dumfries and Galloway Council, Creative Scotland and other organisations in the arts sector.
The current commission is intended to run from March until September 2015 with a budget of £7,500.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 16 February. Letters of application plus a CV should be sent to The Secretary, Jim Tildesley at email@example.com. Please also contact Jim if you require any further information.