From Wigtown Book Festival
Wigtown Festival Company Ltd
Portfolio Manager (Young People)
Region: Dumfries & Galloway
Contract Type: Part-time
Hours per week: 26
Salary: £13,500 (£20,769 pro rata)
Closing Date: Friday 13 March 2015
Wigtown Festival Company is seeking an inspirational individual to help develop its year-round programme of activities for children and young people throughout Dumfries & Galloway and to create opportunities for 0- to 25-year-olds to participate in literature and associated art forms as creators, organisers and audience members.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in managing WFC's children's, education and young people's programmes, and will be expected to work closely with the Literature Development Portfolio Manager, Artistic Director and our team of young people's Project Officers, young people aged 14-25.
The candidates are expected to show an understanding of the aims of Scotland's national youth arts strategy, Time to Shine.
The post holder should be able to demonstrate:
· A passion for and knowledge of literature, especially writing for young people
· Experience of working with children and young people
· Organisational and planning skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
· The ability to build good relationships and earn trust and respect
· The ability to relate to people from all backgrounds
· Ability as a self-starter with the capacity to work alone or as part of a team
· A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland check and a driving license is required.
The deadline for applications is Friday 13 March 2015. Applications in writing only, complete with CV and 2 references. These should be addressed for the attention of Anne Barclay, Operational Director, Wigtown Festival Company, County Buildings, Wigtown, DG8 9JH or emailed to email@example.com.
Full job description available on the book festival website here