They will do this by:
• working as part of a team, led by the literature development officer, to identify local need, build local partnerships and run at least 2 literary activities in their geographic area
• communicating with the area arts hub conveners about local literary development needs and priorities
• providing regular news and information for the literature development website (dgwordplace) and associated social media
• supporting local authors to hold book launches
• identifying local, sustainable and good value IT facilities and expertise to pilot the live streaming of literary events across the region from their area
• creating local networking events, including opportunities to watch live streamed literature events from other areas and events linked to Southlight magazine launches
• aiding contribution to, distribution and sales of Southlight magazine
• supporting activities that promote the Scots language and Gaelic in their areas
• attending the regioan’s literature forum meetings to network and provide information about area activities.
Timeframe: 1st July 2014 to 1st January 2015
Criteria for appointing Literary Arts Animateurs
Applicants must have:
• experience of key role(s) in running a writing group in their area of Dumfries and Galloway
• knowledge of and links with local organisations (including libraries) offering venues suitable for literary events
• expertise in organising local and national public events for readers and writers in Dumfries and Galloway
• good communication skills, including IT and social media
• a publishing track record as a writer, publisher or editor
• Knowledge of the local and national bodies that support writers and readers.
Fee: The fee for each of the 4 animatures is £500 (inc. VAT). There is no additional travel or expense budget.
Application by E mail with relevant curriculum vitae by 5.00pm 6th June to:
Anne Barclay Festival Manager, email@example.com Telephone: 01988 402036
Wigtown Festival Company, County Buildings, Wigtown, DG8 9JH
The successful applicants will be informed by Friday 14th June.