Sanctuary 2014 is a creative space for experiments in sound, light and space, exploring the unseen and in-between within the Galloway Forest Dark Skies Park. Noon on 27th September to Noon on 28th September around Murrays Monument on the A712 - 7 miles from Newton Stewart
• 'The Dark Outside FM', a 24 hour radio broadcast of unheard sound and music contributed by artists from all over the world. The Dark Outside FM HQ is at the top of Murrays Monument - join the crew for a friendly chat, a comfy sofa and a view
• The Dark Star Lounge - a social space to hang out and listen to the broadcast, and a fire to warm yourself at night
• From 7pm - ‘Enclosure’. Large scale light installation
• From 7pm- 'Nightlight 1' by Unicorn Diagram. A visual time capsule that deteriorates over time if left alone, but that can temporarily be reversed.
• 9pm - Lecture by Innes Smith, Vice President of the Scottish Society for Psychical Research. Innes will be talking about 'The Dark Outside' from a paranormal perspective, examining the place of darkness in mythology, Spiritualism, psychology of perception and Cases of Hauntings and Poltergeists
• 10pm - 6am - An Unbroken Circle. A participatory experimental work by Ruaridh Law and Dave Fyans keeping the dark at bay with a circle of sound and light.
• 10.30pm - Near Extinction. Rupert Lally and Espen J Jörgensen from Norway. World premiere of their new video
• Also : New work by experimental sound artists :Zoviet*france
Other Info : Food on 27th by the Green Tea House. Bring a radio and a torch. Free event. Camping. More info www.thedarkoutside.comSanctuary 2014 is a collaboration between Robbie Coleman, Jo Hodges and Stuart Mclean produced in association with Wide Open