Celebrating the Commonty's fourth birthday this week marks a change in the wind for team Commonty, as we look forwards to the future of the blog which has thus far had over 350,000 views and over 2,700 blog posts – thank you to everyone who has contributed over the past wee while! As DG Unlimited continues to grow into the region, weekly news and opps can now be found across on the DGU website available here. But fear not, Commonty reader! It is important to the Commonty and the wider region that there remains a space for unofficial and unclassifiable stuff to be voiced, shared and aired, the collective or independent voices of everyone from the Upland Shepherd and Amy Able, to Ray Gin Pedant, Philipa McSoiree and the very many anonymous lot.
The Commonty continues on in this spirit of debate and discussion.
The Commonty has always been a completely uncensored and free space for debate – we would love to hear from you. You can add your voice in two ways:
a) send an email to email@example.com with something you want to say and we will post it on the blog as a new article
b) comment on any article already on the site (creative alias’ welcome!)
The arts in D&G are what you make it.
In particular, The Commonty will be place where the comings, goings and doings of the Regional Arts Hub are reported and dissected. WTF is the Regional Arts Hub you cry...well thank you for asking, RAH is:
a) every arts organisation in receipt of support from DGUnlimited and/or Dumfries and Galloway Council
b) all arts D+G arts organisations that form part of the Creative Scotland National Arts Portfolio (errr currently that is The Stove Network and Wigtown Festival Company)
c) the four Area Arts Convenors
The RAH Working Group is meeting on Monday 30th March and the agenda for the meeting is:
· Round table discussion of Working Group members working priorities – with particular emphasis on regional working/development
· Working with the DGU Board – strategy for AGM
· Specialist Art-form groups – priorities/process
· Developing a ‘Charter’ for Events regionally (including a Clash Diary?)
· How to approach Scottish ‘Years of..’ and other national/international opportunities as a region
· Regional Focus – Conveners reports (5 bullet points from each convenor about current concerns/needs/themes in their area)
I'm sure other will have thoughts about any/all of these subjects....do your worst in the comments section below this post!
Notes from the meeting will be posted as soon as we have them